God has provided my living since 1988 through the practice of law. I am presently “Of Counsel” with The Lanier Law Firm LLP, in Houston, Texas.
EDWARD WILLIAM FUDGE
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston College of Law (1988).
- Graduate studies in theology and philosophy at Covenant Theological Seminary and Eden Theological Seminary, St. Louis County, Missouri.
- Master’s (1968) and Bachelor’s (1967) degrees in biblical languages, Abilene Christian University.
- Associate of Arts degree (1965), Florida College.
- Grades 1-12 (class of 1962), Athens (Ala.) Bible School.
Publications – Books – Currently in Print:
- Hell–A Final Word (Surprises I Learned From the Bible) (Leafwood Publishers, 2012).
- The Divine Rescue: The Gripping Drama of a Lost World and of the Creator Who Will Not Let it Go (Leafwood Publishers, 2010).
- Hebrews: Ancient Encouragement for Believers Today (Leafwood Publishers, 2009).
- The Great Rescue: The Story of God’s Amazing Grace (Leafwood Publishers, 2002).
- The Sound of His Voice: Discovering the Secrets of God’s Guidance (Leafwood Publishers, 2002). Formerly titled Beyond the Sacred Page, revised and enlarged.
- Two Views of Hell: A Biblical and Theological Dialogue, co-authored with Robert A. Peterson (InterVarsity Press, 2000).
- The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment, 3rd edition (Wipf and Stock, 2011)
- Our Man in Heaven: An Exposition of the Epistle to the Hebrews (Baker, 1974)
- The Grace of God
- A Journey Toward Jesus
- Christianity Without Ulcers
- The Restoration Movement Fulfilled in Jesus Christ
- One Life, Death & Judgment
- Four Gospel Slogans
Books – No longer available:
- Editor, Resurrection: Essays in Honor of Homer Hailey
- Questions & Answers
- Expository Outlines on Ephesians
- Gold from the Gospels
- Preaching with Power
- Sermons that Strengthen
- Sunday Night Sermons
- Simple Sermons that Say Something
- Sermons to Grow On
- Sermons that Demand a Decision
Publications – Articles:
Scholarly and popular articles published in —
- Advent Christian Witness
- Christianity Today
- Christian Standard
- Grace Digest
- Integrity Journal
- Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society
- Minister’s Library Journal
- Mission Magazine
- Moody Monthly
- Review of Books and Religion
- Restoration Quarterly
- New Wineskins
Founding editor of The Good Newspaper, a national, biweekly, interdenominational Christian newspaper (1982-1985).
“An Exegetical Study of Four Pauline Passages on Christian Unity” (1968 Master’s Thesis at Abilene Christian University).
- Adjunct instructor in biblical studies:
- Meramec Community College, St. Louis, Missouri (1970-72).
- Christian College of America, Houston Texas (1986-87).
Lectured and/or presented papers at:
- Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Illinois).
- Abilene Christian University.
- Pepperdine University.
- Bible College of New Zealand.
- Carey Baptist Bible College (Auckland, New Zealand)
- David Lipscomb University.
- Covenant College (Tennessee).
- Athens College (Alabama).
- Ontario Bible College, Canada.
- Toccoa Falls Bible College (Georgia).
- Freewill Baptist Bible College (Tennessee).
- Taught/lectured at Churches of Christ; Independent Christian; Baptist; Methodist; Presbyterian; Pentecostal; Advent Christian; Episcopal; Nondenominational.
Radio and television:
Extensive radio speaking in Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Oregon, California and other states since 1966. Radio and television guest appearances and videotape productions.
- Evangelical Theological Society — member since 1972 (active); presented papers at regional and national conferences; former regional vice-president; published several scholarly articles in ETS Journal.
- Society of Biblical Literature (former long-time member).
- Past board member of Christian Conciliation Service of Houston.
- Past board member of Christ’s Prison Fellowship.
- American Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, Houston Bar Association.
“Who’s Who in Law”
“Who’s Who in Religion.”